Hi, I’m Danielle…
I’m really pleased you found my website, I hope it gives you the information you are looking for but if there is anything else you would like to know, please get in touch (details on the contact me page).
Originally I’m from Cornwall but I now live in Devon with my lovely husband and two children. I’m one of those (annoying) people that can genuinely say I enjoy my job.
Ever since I can remember, I have always had an interest in the body and the amazing way it works. Being able to work with the body and see the way this therapy helps so many people, really is amazing.
Why choose me as your therapist?
Choosing a therapist is an incredibly individual thing. You need to be happy that the person you are going to see will listen to you and provide effective treatment. I strive to do that for all of my clients, working with you in your individual circumstances, to help you progress in your well-being and health.
I have attended many development and specialised courses meaning I have increased understanding in how to work with many common problems as well as specific issues. These include treating babies and children, mothers during pregnancy, those suffering with back pain, neck and jaw problems, spinal difficulties, long term chronic conditions including fibromyalgia, MS and Parkinson’s.
I am qualified to be able to prescribe exercises to help you benefit further from your treatments and to be able to help yourself.
I would be more than happy to have a free no obligation chat with you to help you decided if I am the right therapist for you.
Becoming a Bowen Therapist
My journey to bowen started because I was struggling with back pain and migraines for several years. Having tried a few different types of therapy but to no avail, someone recommend bowen in 2009, so I skeptically gave it a go.
I’m so pleased I did because it really made a massive difference to my life. It reduced my pain levels and stopped my migraines. I still have regular treatments to manage my stress levels and keep my body pain free.
I decided on a career switch after personal circumstances changed, so I went from working in an office to a therapist in July 2013. Honestly, it was the best thing I did.
I hope to meet you soon
I’m registered with:
- BTPA – The Bowen Therapy Professional Association which is the regulatory body in the UK.
This registration ensure that you are looked after as the client and gives you the guarantee that I:
- have valid qualifications
- regularly attend development courses
- adhere to their code of ethics and
- hold full valid insurance
- The Bowen Technique – European College of Bowen Studies
- McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release
- Exercise and Rehabilitation (prescribing exercises to help your recovery)
- ITEC Level 3 Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology
- First Aid at Work and defib training
I put a high importance on continuing to improve my skills and understanding to ensure I am offering the best service I can. In addition to research and webinars the specific development courses I have attended include:
- Practitioner Development Workshop – building on techniques, protocols and knowledge
- Red Flags Assessment – to make sure I am aware of which symptoms you should seek medical care for
- Bowen for Mothers & Babies – working with mothers pre pregnancy, during pregnancy and post natal as well as with their newest member of the family
- The Art of Bowen – an additional very effective perspective on the work of Tom Bowen
- Bowen for the Spine – very targeted and focused work directly with the spinal vertebra and the structures that affect it
- Fascia Bowen – a very gentle form of Bowen therapy that is great for those with chronic problems such as fibromyalgia and is very effective for babies and children
- Importance of Symmetry – assessment techniques and an additional way of working that helps to return the body to pain free symmetry. This course included specific focus on the jaw, sphenoid bone, spine, pelvis and coccyx
- Applied Muscular Skeletal Therapy for the Neck – assessment, treatment and management of pain and dysfunction in the neck and shoulders
- Art of Bowen Part 2 – enhanced techniques to address common problems with specific focus on working with subluxated vertebrae and scoliosis of the spine.
- Bowen First Aid Kit – enabling me to effectively guide you through self treatment via video call if I am unable to see you in person
- Fine Tuning the Neck – very focused assessment and targeted release work for the intricate structures of the neck and how it impacts the entire body
- AMT Meridian Therapy – using meridian lines and acupuncture points with bowen to maximise pain relied and address a wide range of neuro-musculoskeletal problems
- Lymphatic Bowen – focusing on working specifically with the lymphatic system to encourage drainage and improve flow. If your lymphatic system works better, you work better.
- RockTape Functional Movement Taping Basics – using kinesio tape to enhance the effects of treatment and help provide additional neuro stimulation
In 2020 I added another sting to my bow and am now helping people with their nutritional health too. If you are interested in finding out more, please head over to my other website www.journeytoelitehealth.co.uk